Survey results suggest that over 45 percent of US households-approximately 44 million homes-have carpets with dust mite allergen concentrations that exceed levels connected with the development of allergies. This is a disturbing finding for health care organizations, especially those concerned with allergic and respiratory matters.
We at NorthEastern Cleaning found that even the most powerful vacuum cleaners remove only a fraction of the dirt, pet remnants, and dust mites that remain buried in your carpet-this can mean torture for allergy and asthma sufferers.
NorthEastern Cleaning can effectively remove all dirt and other potentially trouble making substances Using our ultramodern carpet cleaning equipment and family safe materials.
Your carpets will look and feel cleaner. Pleasingly more colorful and more freshness. And if your carpets were starting to look old and worn-you will be amazed at the difference.
You can feel reassured that we use only safe, biodegradable, non-toxic and non-irritant chemicals and formulas to deep-clean all types of carpets and rugs, based on the manufacturer’s approval only.
We offer a verity of carpet treatment:
– Stain Removal
– Mildew Treatment
– Carpet Restoration
– Pet Urine and Odors
– Gum, Tar Oil and Grease
– Red Stains
– Caffeine and Tanning
– And more.
There are many carpet cleaners in New York that offer carpet cleaning but do they offer you the complete experience? Here is what you will get from NorthEastern Cleaning. I can assure you that it is beyond what you can get from any of the competition around here. We treat you right from start to finish so you end up with great looking carpets for a very fair price.
Pre Inspection – We always start with a pre inspection so that both sides know what to expect. Our technicians are well trained so they can give you a great estimate based on the square footage of the home or business. They can also take a look at the level of dirt in the carpets and any stains that will require special attention. You will get an estimate up front of what the cost will be before anything is done.
Pre Vacuum – We will use our advanced equipment to pre vacuum your carpets too before we begin to clean them. The more soil that we can remove the easier the cleaning process will be. It will also result in you having carpets that are as clean as possible.
Moving Furniture – We will take the time to move your smaller pieces of furniture. Note that due to liability issues we have to leave larger ones in place. What we can’t move though we will protect so that you don’t have to worry about anything being damaged during the carpet cleaning process.
Pre Condition and Pre Spot Treatment – We will carefully condition and pre spot the areas of your carpets that may prove to be harder to clean. These are fast acting products that help to break up the soil and dirt so that we can remove it for you.
Pre Groom – We will use a carpet groomer to help to remove soil in those areas where you experience heavier traffic.
Extracting and Rinsing – We use the best technology has to offer with great equipment. We can remove all of the dirt and debris with ease. Hot water is used to rinse the carpets to make sure all of the residue is removed as well. The water is very hot too which is going to remove a variety of known allergens from your carpet as well.
Neutralize – Next we will neutralize your carpets with a carefully PH balanced product. This won’t be sticky at all. This is one of the steps I am the most proud of because it definitely sets us apart from other carpet cleaning companies out there.
Post Spot Treatment – After we are done, one of the technicians will inspect the work that has been done. If there are spots that didn’t come out they will use a variety of other techniques to get them removed. I would like to point out that if the technician shows you any permanent stains that we can’t remove during the initial inspection then they will remain at this point too without any thing else we can do.
Fast Drying – We do understand that you want your carpets to dry as quickly as possible. We bring along huge fans to circulate the air which will speed up that drying process for you.
Final Inspection – Since we don’t feel that our job is done until you are 100% satisfied with it, we want you to take part in the final inspection. We will offer you plastic booties to walk freely on the carpets with. If you find anything that you aren’t happy with please let us know and we will correct it. If you are happy with everything then you will be asked to sign off on the invoice for the technician.
Tips & Warnings
Removing Stains from Carpet, Rugs, or Upholstery
Stain removal is a question many people have. Let’s face it, accidents happen and it is likely that you’ll be faced with the need for stain removal. The key is to attend to the stain immediately. If the spill is allowed to remain, the chemicals in the material and the spill will reacti with each other and cause permanent discoloration of your carpet, rug, or upholstery. After reading the many steps below, you might want to consider creating a ‘stain removal kit’ so that you can respond to spills quicker.
For solid spills:
- Remove any solids using a spoon.
- Try to avoid pressing the liquid or spill further into the carpet pile.
- Once the solid portion has been removed, continue to the steps listed under “dry” or “liquid spills”.
For dry spills or liquid spills that have become dried:
- Vacuum up any loose portion of the spill that is possible.
- Elsewise, using a spray bottle, mist the dry portion of the spill with water. This is to ‘reliquify’ the stain.
- Once this is done, proceed to the steps listed under “liquid spills”.
For liquid spills:
- Using a CLEAN cloth or paper town, gently blot the stain.
- Look at the cloth and see if some of the color of the stain has been transferred to the cloth.
- If so, continue to blot using a new clean portion of the cloth each time.
- If no more color is being transferred to the cloth, but there is still stain on the carpet, rug, or upholstery, then spray the stain with a little bit of water and continue the blotting process.
- Always work on the outside edges of the stain first and work your way inward.
- If after continuous blotting and rewetting, the stain is not completely removed and no more color is being transferred to the clean cloth, try some of the following alternatives to water:
- Mild Detergent – A mild detergent mixed with water might be the final trick for most stains. Apply the detergent solution directly to the stain or mist it on as you did with the water.
- Vinegar plus Mild Detergent – for a gentle but stronger solution, add white vinegar to your mild detergent solution.
- Hairspray – Hairspray will usually work on ink stains
- Glass Cleaner – Glass cleaner cleans all types of carpeting and upholstery without leaving the soapy residue of most traditional carpet cleaners, which only attract more dirt afterward. And glass cleaner normally is effective on even the most difficult stains.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – This is also a safer alternative, but may be best for lighter colored fabric, rugs, and carpet.
- Rubbing Alcohol – Rubbing alcohol is good for unknown or greasy stains. Don’t allow the alcohol to penetrate to the backing of the carpet as it will loosen up glue bonds. Mere apply it by misting it on or through a clean cloth.
- Ammonia – mix a solution of water with ammonia to get really troublesome highly colored stains (chocolate, berries, etc).
REMEMBER, always test any chemical that you want to apply to your carpet, rug, or upholstery in an inconspicuous area. There are many, many different types of fabrics and fibers out there and some will react to chemicals differently than others.